Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Quiet House

This weekend my wife is staying with her mother who is recouperating from a broken leg. This morning the house is very quiet. I am aware of how empty this house is when she is away. Not only does she make this house feel like a home by the way she takes care of it; by the way she displays items, pictures, reminders of family, events, times we have spent together; by the little things I notice that she adds or changes which keeps the house fresh and more alive; but she also makes this house feel like home because she is here with me. No place would feel like home if she were not there with me. As I sit in this house, empty of her, I am reminded of how empty my life would be without her in it. She adds the spice, the decoration, the warmth, the excitement, the anticipation of life, the love; she adds everything I need in a companion, a helper, a friend, a lover. Yes, she is indeed God's complete gift to me as my life's mate. I don't like these times of loneliness without her, but they do serve as a reminder of just how much she means to me; of just how blessed I am to have her in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment