Friday, February 10, 2012

The Dream

Do you ever awake in the morning and feel as if you are still in your dream? You don't know reality from your dream world, it just seemed so real. Here is just a little jingle which expresses my feelings sometimes when I am in that state of "in between".

I lie here awake and ponder
The dream, it seems a wonder;
Is it real? Or just a vision?
My emotions sense derision
From this image which now lingers.
Blurry eyes and tingling fingers…
Why I cannot seem to shake
This image which now has me awake.
I live within it and without,
But which is real, I have my doubt.
Asleep again, or rise and shine?
Depends on which I want as mine.
Is it pleasant or a curse?
Could be death or even worse!
Perhaps I could find esteem
Within the warmth of this dream.
Let it go or seize its fate?
Back to sleep or now to wake?
No matter now; this fuss is o’er.
The sun is beaming through my door.
‘Tis time to rise and meet the day,
And make this dream now go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment