Monday, February 6, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BECCA


Happy Birthday, Becca! My sweet, precious daughter!
I won’t mention how many years ago we brought home that
Pink bundle of joy, Daddy’s little girl.
The number is irrelevant to me, since it seems only a few days ago.
Now you are a mother, three times over, but only a few days ago
You were “mother” to Ryon, and, if Heath would allow, to him as well.
You would “cook” for them; scold them as they needed;
And tuck them in for bedtime. All within the “home” of your
Little room.
How many memories can a Dad tuck into a few days?
Too many to write down, for sure.
I miss the foot rubs when I came home from work.
I miss the squeezes of those little arms around my neck,
And that precious, innocent little kiss on my cheek.
I miss holding you in my lap while you drift off to sleep.
And I miss watching you as you sleep,
Wondering what all the years ahead held in store.
I miss the ball games, the piano recitals, the girl scout cookies.
I miss being the One you would run to when hurt came,
Whether on the knee, or the elbow, or in the heart.
And I miss celebrating the many joys that are a part of
Growing from a little girl to a beautiful young lady.
But now, another man has your heart, as he should.
And the little boys you cook for and tuck into bed
Are real, precious little boys of yours that I can still hold;
Still get good squeezes and kisses.
And watch them as they sleep.
And wonder what the years ahead hold in store.
Now you are a wonderful wife.
Now you are a loving, caring mother.
Your commitment is total; your love is unconditional.
Becca, I am so proud of you, my one and only daughter.
I am proud of the wife you are; the mother you are;
The daughter you are.
And I am proud of WHO you are.
But, in some ways, and in my heart, you will always be
Daddy’s Little Girl.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment